The noises from construction activities, factories , manufacturing sites , power plants , distilleries , petroleum plants are harmful for the environment, human health and other living organisms. Moreover, the ambient noise monitoring is crucial for your business to avoid any penalty and large- scale noise problems.
The noise level monitoring and testing helps to analyze the present scenario and reduce it as per the regulatory law.
The ambient noise levels in public places from industrial activity, construction activity, sound producing instruments, generator sets, loud speakers, vehicular horns and other mechanical devices have deleterious effects on human health.
The purpose of ambient noise measurement
- Compliance with noise regulations.
- The sources of noise, and times when the sources are operating.
- To analyse the temporal pattern of noise – continuous, variable, intermittent, impulse.
- Locations of exposed persons.
- Conditions during both a typical and atypical shift (noise sources, activities, shift length, etc.)
Equipment used to measure ambient noise level
Sound level meter is used to measure the ambient sound level for a short or long period of time.
Purpose of testing
According to CPCB guidelines, the maximum permissible diesel generator noise level for new generators with up to 1000 KVA rated capacity is 75 dB. Moreover, there should be an acoustic enclosure for diesel generators as they are not appropriate for the environment.
Permissible limits for Ambient Noise/DG
- Noise limit for DG set is 75dB at 1 meter distance from DG set.
- Ambient Air quality standards in respect of noise
- Industrial area 75 dB during day and 70 at night
- Commercial area 65 dB during day and 55 at night.
- Residential area 55 dB during day and 45 at night
- Silence zone 50 dB during day and 40 at night.
Turn around time
Monitoring time of ambient noise takes 24 hours and for DG sets it takes around 10-15 minutes in 1 day.
We offer ambient noise/DG noise testing and monitoring services to fulfill your regulatory requirements and ensure safety of the environment. Our labs are located in Bangalore, Manesar, Baddi and Delhi. We measure the noise level in industrial areas to monitor the noise generated by different machineries as per the CPCB guidelines.
Contact us for Ambient Noise/DG Noise testing services.